Built-In xDAP Processing
Add the DAPtools Standard software to your system, and you gain a number of advanced processing options. These include
- pure digital anti-aliasing
- rotating machinery synchronization, while still retaining time domain sampling
- time base synchronization: GPS, IRIG-B, stable reference pulse
- wave synchronization: power systems, arbitrary sinusoidal time reference signal
- sensor signal calibration
- DAPL IFM: Classical filter responses: Bessel, Butterworth, Chebyshev, inverse Chebyshev, Elliptic – to 20th order
There are a number of other application-specific processing modules available. See the overview.
When you do need to go beyond the basic system processing, and even the advanced processing modules, the Developer's Toolkit for DAPL lets you implement any advanced application specific processing you need.
Following is a basic overview of the DAPL system. For more detail, see the DAPL section or follow the links below.
Total Data Acquisition Device Management
- all conversion hardware driver functions
- all data transfer functions
- all configuration management functions
Like a well-tuned engine in a high performance race car, the less you have to think about it, the more you benefit.
Maintainable systems – Flexible configuration – Expansion
The consistent hardware and software architecture means maintainable applications with an extended product lifetime.
DAPL configuration scripts work with any software, with any Data Acquisition Processor model, making your application device-independent.
Hold down costs for high channel count applications. DAPL supports many channels per board, multiple boards per system.
Automatic data streaming – Extensive command library – Integrated communication
The DAPL system and the DAPcell services join forces to stream data between Data Acquisition Processor and host, with buffering and device control fully automatic.
A library of over 100 pre-defined commands makes configuration of onboard processing easy.
DAPL fully supports task-to-task, board-to-host and process control communications.
Optimized processing – Multi-tasking – Real-time performance
Automatic DAPL multitasking allows independent processing for independent concerns, yielding simpler applications.
Data Acquisition Processor speed and consistent timing can support real-time processing.